Inspire. Educate. Connect.
When it comes to nonprofit organizations nothing is typical. Staff, missions, audiences, funding, and programs all vary significantly. Some aspects, however, bind us all together: the desire to serve, to create change, to make a real impact. Through The Axelson Center’s workshop series we seek to provide the inspiration, the education, and the resource connections crucial to your success in the nonprofit sector. You are unique, but you are not alone.
Learn more about the Professional Certificate in Nonprofit Management.
Workshop and Webinar Series
The Axelson Center offers a new workshop-webinar series each fall and spring. Below is a listing of some of our most recent offerings. Please check back August 2013 for a complete listing of fall workshops and webinars.
View the Spring 2013 workshop brochure here.
Workshop Fees (unless otherwise stated):
- Full-Day Workshops: $160 (includes lunch and course materials)
- Half-Day Workshops: $80 (includes beverages and course materials)
- Webinars: $50
- Donors Forum members
- United Way supported agencies
- Nonprofits with an operating budget of $1 million or less
- North Park University alumni
- Current North Park University students
- ECC staff
Past Program Topics
- Understanding Your Insurance Needs
- Plan and Go!™ Strategic Planning Workshop
- Cost Allocation
- The "Game" of Project Management
- Women and Leadership in the Nonprofit Sector
- Budgeting Basics (webinar)
- Program Evaluation for Greater Impact
- Using Dashboards to Simplify Your Board Reports (webinar)
- Build a Better Board Meeting (webinar)
- Leading the Charge or Asleep at the Wheel? Practical Insights for Building Board Engagement
- Closing the Loop: Strategies for Assessing and Enhancing Board Effectiveness
- Talent Development and Employee Engagement
- Building an Engaged Volunteer Corps
- How to Manage HR Without an HR Department
- Employment Law 101 (webinar)
- Effective Staff Supervision
- Creating a Volunteer Program from Scratch
- Social Media 101: Introduction to Tools and Best Practices
- Nonprofit Marketing: Driving Results Through Relationships
- Your Case for Support: Translating Your Strategic Plan into Donor Values
- How to Re-Think Social Media When There’s No Time to Think About Social Media
- Eliminate the Guesswork: Using Marketing Research to Catapult your Organization Forward
- How can I get my board excited about fundraising?
- Miracle Major Gifts
- Making the Ask: The Basics of Major Gift Solicitations (webinar)
- Special Events that Generate and Invigorate
- Exploring Sustainable Business Models and Self-Generated Income Strategies
- Homerun Proposal Writing
- Growing and Sustaining Your Consulting Business