Orientation for Covenant Pastors
North Park Theological Seminary serves the Evangelical Covenant Church by providing orientation for persons seeking credentialing (licensing, commissioning, or ordination) for Christian ministry within the Covenant denomination. This includes students, pastors, staff members and those seeking transfer of ordination from another denomination. Through degree programs, the orientation year of studies, the foundational courses for credentialing (Church History, New Testament, Old Testament, and Systematic Theology), and elective courses, North Park partners with the Board of Ordered Ministry to teach and prepare future Evangelical Covenant Church leaders.
General Objectives of Covenant Orientation
- Acquaintance with Covenant history, theology, polity, missions, and resources for ministry
- Introduction to Covenant leadership at North Park Theological Seminary and to administrators at the denominational and conference level
- Participation in Covenant congregations and general Covenant life experiences, such as Covenant Midwinter Conference and the Annual Meeting
- Establishing relationships with peers with whom they will serve in the Covenant Ministerium
- Self-evaluation and evaluation by others in reference to ministry within The Evangelical Covenant Church
All matters regarding ordination, transfer of ordination, and licensure are the responsibility of the Evangelical Covenant Church's Board of the Ordered Ministry. Contact the Board of Ministry for details.