Who has access to Helwig Recreation Center?
- The Helwig Recreation Center is for the use of North Park students, faculty, and staff. Additionally, spouses of seminary students and resident directors who live in North Park seminary housing can purchase a semester guest pass at undergraduate student services to use the facility.
- Patrons must present a current North Park University ID card to gain admittance and anyone who forgets their North Park ID will not be admitted into Helwig.
- Additional memberships will not be granted in order to honor the commitments made by North Park University and required by the City of Chicago as part of the zoning and site approval process. Memberships will not be granted to external groups or individuals.
Helwig ID Hints
- Do not give your North Park ID to another person so they may access Helwig Recreation Center.
- Do not use a false North Park ID to access Helwig Recreation Center.
- Do not bend or crack your North Park ID as this makes it inactive. Inactive IDs will not be accepted at Helwig Recreation Center.
- If your ID isn't working properly it is your responsibility to have it fixed at Student Administrative Services.
- Misuse of your North Park ID could result in loss of privileges at Helwig Recreation Center.
Are guests allowed to use Helwig Recreation Center?
A guest pass may be purchased for $10.00. Guests must be accompanied by a North Park student or faculty/staff member.
Guest Pass Policy
Guest Waiver & Release Form
Are children allowed to use Helwig Recreation Center?
Individuals under the age of 18 are not allowed to use Helwig Recreation Center, unless they are a registered NPU student.
When is the gym open?
Helwig Recreation Center is open 7 days a week during the academic year with limited hours over the summer and during school breaks and holidays. Consult the facilities schedule for a listing of times.
Where is the gym located?
Helwig Recreation Center is located on the corner of Carmen Ave. (one block south of Foster Ave.) and Kedzie, 3205 W. Carmen Ave., Chicago.
Do you have locker rooms and showers?
The locker rooms and showers are located on the lower level of Helwig Recreation Center. Patrons must provide their own lock and towel. Due to limited locker space, locks may not be left on lockers over night.