Faith and Health
This 12-credit interdisciplinary Certificate in Faith and Health is offered in collaboration with the North Park University School of Nursing. The certificate is designed to provide core concepts to support clergy and health professionals in ministries of health. The program is taught by faculty from nursing, theology, ethics, Bible, and pastoral care, and learnings can be applied in both clinical and congregational settings. Options in course format allow for distance learning.
Choose two of the following required 3 credit courses
- BIBL 6263 Biblical Perspectives on Health and Healing
- THEO 5171 Theology of Caring and Health
- MNST 6303 Religion, Spirituality and Health
Choose two of the following 3 credit electives
MNST 5130 Engaging Congregations in Ministries of Health
- MNST 5131 Spiritual Issues in Chronic Illness and Disability
- MNST 5137 Faith, Health and Community Development
- THEO 5175 Ethics of Caring and Health
- MNST 7190 Special Topics in Faith and Health
Total semester hours required: 12
In addition to these courses, mission trips/classes to Latin America, Africa, and Asia with a community health focus are offered periodically.
For more information on this certificate contact Professor Mary Chase-Ziolek via email or by phone at (773) 244-6201.